Friday, April 8, 2011

April 7 -Travel to Beijing

We're almost in Beijing!  With the exception of a  bit of a rocky start, travel has been extremely enjoyable. We arrived at Philadelphia airport at 6:30 AM yesterday . Upon check-in I was shocked to learn my ticket had been cancelled. Luckily, the seats on all of my flights were still reserved, and I was able to purchase another ticket! Talk about anxiety!

The flight from Philadelphia to Chicago was smooth and short. The trip from Chicago to Beijing was also smooth but certainly not short-about 13.5 hours. We flew over the Arctic Circle, the North Pole and Mongolia  - just amazing (sorry - no pictures)! It's hard to believe we left Philadelphia at 6:30 AM and will be arriving in Bejing at 2:30 PM - losing a day is is not an everyday occurrence!


I'm lucky to be traveling with great folks from our region. Darrell Markley, Beth Lambi, Michelle Saylor,  Leah Christman,  and I have already had great conversations, discussing our homes and families, educational philosophies, but most importantly how fortunate we are to have this opportunity to forge relationships with our sister school partners. I can tell we will have lots of stories to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment